“Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan levels.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.”
Source: The Shiplake CE Primary School Instrument of Governance.
The statement is core of all our policies and underlines the fact our school has Christian values of friendship, equality, compassion, truthfulness, peace and wisdom.
These policies are reviewed by our Governing Body on a yearly basis.
- Charging and Remissions Policy – full version (2019)
- Charging and Remissions Policy – Parent information leaflet (2019)
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy (2019)
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Policy (2019)
- Oxfordshire Literacy Difficulties Policy and Advice 2016 (2016)
- Curriculum Policy (2019)
These policies are reviewed by the Governing Body of Shiplake CE Primary School on a 3 year cycle:
- Attendance Policy (2019)
- Behaviour Policy (2018)
- Positive Handling Policy (2016)
- Anti-bullying Policy (Parent information leaflet 2016)
- Anti-Bullying Policy (full document ) (2016)
- Exclusion Policy (2017)
- Complaints Policy and Procedure (2019)
- Managing Serial and Unreasonable Complaints Procedure (2019)
- Homework Policy (2017)
- Snow Closure Policy (2019)
- Food and Drink Policy (2019)
- Supporting pupils with medical conditions (2017)
- Collective Worship Policy (2016)
- Religious Education Policy (2016)
- Disability Equality Scheme (2016)
- Accessibility Plan (2016) – to be read in conjunction with the Disability Equality Scheme
- Single Equality Policy (2016)
- Policy for the inclusive education of looked after children (2017)
- Code of Conduct for Parent and Carers (2018)
- Photographs and Recording in School Policy (2018)
- Sex and Relationships Education Policy (2019)
- Sex and Relationships mapping within the PSHCE Framework (2019)
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – 25th May 2018
Shiplake Church of England Primary School is strongly committed to protect your personal data. We have updated our Data Protection Policy, Freedom of Information Publication Scheme and Privacy Notices to align with the requirements of the new data protection regulation.
- Freedom of Information Publication Scheme (2018)
- Data Protection Policy (2018)
- Privacy Notice Parents and Carers (2018)
- Privacy Notice – children’s data (2018)
- Please follow this link to access the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre.
- Keeping children safe in education – Statutory guidance for schools and colleges : Department for Education September 2019 – Click here to download
- RE Syllabus and Policy update 2019 : At Shiplake CE Primary School, the RE syllabus used is the Oxfordshire Agreed Syllabus for RE 2015-2020 – Click here to download a copy